Thursday, November 1, 2007

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Liberian Babes

That pretty much sums it up. Thanksgiving is just around the corner (and is officially celebrated today in Liberia - one of only 7 other nations that celebrate Thanksgiving) and we have much to be thankful for. But with Thanksgiving comes thoughts of Christmas and Christmas "wish lists". Our children are diligently filling theirs out. And Kim and I have a very short list - and one of the few times they are exactly the same. We feel like kids with that dreamy eyed wishing, that we'll wake up on that magical morning and find that one thing we were hoping and hoping for. We know it will be a lot of lot work - filled with sweat and tears, but also much joy and we can't think of anything else. We want so much to get to the business of loving and caring for Josiah and Gabriella, and to working out the dynamics of their special part in our family. We've been preparing for almost a year. So I'm thankful to serve a God who know's all my needs before I even speak them. I was reminded of an important verse today



Cease striving and know that I am God - Psalms 46:10




So as much as we try, as much as we wish, and much as we think the US Embassy is a road block to bringing our children home - God is ultimately God and in control of everything. Nothing in our situation is outside His control and grace. And He will deliver our children exactly at the time He appointed. And so I rest in that knowledge. He sees way beyond my limited view, and has Kim and my best interests as well as Josiah and Gabriella's in mind.

So we wait.......

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I know, I so struggle with this. I WOULD LOVE to have him home beside us for Christmas. Every festivity will have a bit of an ache for me without our son. . .However, I can also see how coming to the US just in time for the Christmas madness would be overwhelming to an orphan from a 3rd world nation!!! I'm glad the LORD makes these hard decisions with exactly what's best for each member. But, I'll ache just a bit in the process!

Brandi

Donna Barber said...

I love these pics of your kids.
If they are not home in time- they will be there in spirit. I hope you know soon!