Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Introducing Juliana Elisabeth McFarland


Thank you so much for your prayers. Everything went as planned today and Ava was officially adopted as Juliana Elisabeth McFarland today to proud parents Lisa and Pat and big sister Emily (also adopted through ECFA). It was a joy filled day and it was great to celebrate her adoption. Though as I write, it's 10:30 and usually around this time each night was my feeding duty, so it seems awfully quite. But Kim and I will enjoy some much deserved and much needed rest. We feel blessed to have been able to play a small part in her life, and are thankful for the new friends we have made in the McFarlands. Elizabeth and Emily became close friends in the short time we knew them, so we look forward to continuing our relationship and seeing Juliana's progress as she grows. And as I mentioned early on, it was a welcome break from our own adoption, so we are just that much closer to experiencing our own finalization and homecoming.


Not flesh of my flesh

Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously

My own.

Never forget

For a single minute:

You didn't grow under my heart,

But in it.



--Fleur Conkling Heyliger

1 comment:

Tama said...

So precious, thank you for sharing her little life with us and for all the Lord did in your hearts too!