Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Anxiously Awaiting DNA Results

That's me - a brave soldier in the Army of God!
Here's me posing with the most beautiful woman in the world - my Ma!
Here's me and Olivia having a beach party.
This is my favorite spot to sleep - next to my Pa.

The girls were playing Make-Up Artist so I thought I would take my turn. Aren't I cute?
Olivia shows off her make-up too
And here's my make-up artist - Elizabeth.
Well Gabriella's mom had her DNA drawn last week and the samples are already in the US. So within the week we should know the results. We are trusting God with those results, since He knows them already. If they come back confirming that she is indeed Gabriella's mother, I can book a return flight to Liberia. Just I will be going to get her with a Power of Attorney for Kim. I'm praying that things work out for my friend Steve to accompany me. We thought me leaving would be less traumatic on Josiah then if Kim did. If the results don't come back the way we hope, then we'll be looking to AoH to see what our next step might be.

Josiah had more doctor visits and is catching up on his immunizations. He was walking like an old man this weekend after getting 2 in each thigh. So needless to say, he doesn't like doctors currently because they represent pain. He had a positive reading for TB, but his chest x-ray came back clean. So they did another test to determine if he received a TB vaccination in Liberia. But still waiting to hear back on those results. But all of the results back from Children's Hospital so far are that he is a normal healthy little boy.

In less than 2 weeks, our second son Caleb will be traveling to Biloxi, MS on a mission trip with church. Our church has made several trips to Biloxi to help rebuild after Hurricane Katrina, and Caleb really wanted to go help. He is a little young for the trip (10) but thanks to our wonderful friends Jim and Gale Barshaw, they will be chaperoning and supervising him in our absence. Kim and I have each gone twice, and are glad that Caleb will have this opportunity to serve.

Well that's it for the quick update. Things have been very busy, so sorry updates have been so sporatic. We look forward to sharing the good news with everyone as soon as we have it.



1 comment:

Brandi said...

Praying for good news soon!!!

He is just so adorable. . .although he's going to kill his sister for those make up shots when he's older!

Brandi